Monday, December 6, 2010

Manga and Philosophy Illustrations

Here are illustrations that I did for a book called Manga and Philosophy. It was edited by Josef Steiff and Adam Barkman. I first drew rough sketches and refined them. Then I scanned them into Manga Studio, an illustration program for manga art, where I did the final lining and coloring/shading. Compositon for the divider pages was done in Photoshop. These illustrations were the second ones to be published.
This first one is the inside Title Page.

The following six are the chapter Divider Pages.





This page lets the reader know how to read a manga.

The following 4 pages are the Introduction. They are read from right to left.




This page came before the index page.

I had a choice of a written bio or a drawn out three panel biography. I chose drawing the three panels. It reads from right to left.

No comments: