Monday, December 17, 2007

Naturalization



Well it has been a long waiting process, but I finally did it. Today around one I officially became a US citizen. I first came here when I was three with my family, at the time of five and now seven, as a permanent resident. Ever since than there was talk about becoming a citizen. First it was my older sister, a couple of years ago, than my brother earlier this year, and than out of the blue my mom said, that's it we are all becoming citizens. Since this summer, we turned in our applications and it has been a waiting game since than. First you turn in your application with the added documents that they need. Second step, you get finger printed. Third step, "THE TEST/INTERVIEW!!!!!" Not hard if you study well, but the nerve wracking part of it is the waiting and not knowing which questions they will ask. When you are successful with all three step, comes the Naturalization Oath. My mom has done it and so have I, the only and last person that we are waiting for is my father. With this I can now vote!!!

PS-Next thing on the list is learning how to drive (@.@)

5 comments:

Sarah Satrun said...

YAY! :D CONGRATS!!!!! We were thinking of you at 1:00 today. Glad you're finally a citizen! (Are you going to register to vote?) ;)

Catherine Satrun said...

Congratulations!! This was a big day for you. When's the party?? ;)

Amada Rosas said...

I registered right than and there to vote. They had the forms there, so I will be voting in the upcoming elections. Wah ha ha ha ha!!!!

seedoi said...

Congratulations on getting your citizenship!
I'll get my car keys and let's go driving!

Seraya Fulton said...

Congrats, Amada!!! I'm happy for you and your family!